April 21, 2011

blog award!

The lovely Anassa over at Specnology honored me with a blog award!

The rules for this award are:
  • Thank and link to the person who nominated me.
  • Share seven random facts about myself.
  • Pass the award along to 15 new-found blogging buddies.
  • Contact those buddies to congratulate them.
I've already thanked Anassa, but she deserves a blurb of thanking and such. She blogs about writing, science stuff, and superheroes! You can find her on Twitter @AnassaRh.

So seven facts about myself (other than the fact that I am incurably weird):
  1. I am obsessed with clockwork. I have been since I was a wee lass. Just last week, one of my dad's friends was cleaning her attic or something and found an old mantel clock that had been in her family for years. She was just going to throw it away, but my dad figured I'd like it. He was right. I geeked out when he gave it to me. As soon as I got home, I took it apart and put it back together. Still trying to figure out when the clock was made and who by, but as far as I can tell, it predates the 20th century. Can't wait to find out more about it.
  2. I love making things, like headbands, home decor, clothes, Dungeons & Dragons props, and anything else crafty. I inherited that from my grandmother.
  3. My eyes are perfectly symmetrical. I went to the eye doctor the other day (finally), and when they measured the distance between the bridge of my nose and each pupil, the measurements were identical. Apparently, that's rather unusual.
  4. I am not-so-secretly a hipster.
  5. I really like the letter B. If I had a favorite letter, that would be it. Most of my alliterative phrases are with a string of B words. 
  6. I have an obsession with birds in home decor. If you walk through my house, you'll find at least one bird in every room. My goal is to have at least a dozen birds in every room.
  7. I loathe making decisions.
And now, to pass the award along... Oh, wait. I don't have any new blogging buddies!

I suppose the following people qualify:

Darby - who is full of awesome. If not for her, I would be wallowing in a pool of utter sadness, desperately clinging to the sodden pages of my first novel.
Shandi - my pregnant best friend. She occasionally blogs about being pregnant and about nursing school. She constantly inspires me to be myself.
Susan - with her Harry Potter oriented writing posts, she manages to drive home lofty literary concepts that I fail to grasp. And she's super nice. :)

Wow. Only three.

I would add Anassa to that list, but she already has the award. Drats.

Well, that's it! Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the award!

    I have a friend that is a tad obsessed with clocks as well. She has a "clock room" that is her pride and joy. If you didn't know her, it would be bizarre. BUT, then you think about the potential worth of some of them and you are in awe.

    ReplyDelete