April 22, 2011

friday ramble

Had a pleasant morning spending time with my husband, and I’ve been procrastinating writing this post because I didn’t manage to read anything this week to review here. I don’t really have anything to say, so I’ll just ramble for a couple hundred words. Shame on me, I know. See my to-do list. I haven’t written anything since Wednesday either. Double shame on me.

So, today was supposed to the final day for the Hogglepot contest, after extending the deadline for another two weeks. And I can say one thing: Writers are lazy. Lesson learned. Only one person entered the contest, so he’ll be getting the grand prize for being awesome (unless someone else enters by midnight). At least I learned that whenever I next do a contest to make the rules as simple as effing possible, or no one will enter. The next contest will probably be sometime over the summer.

Also, an early Happy Resurrection Day for those of you that celebrate religiously, Happy Easter for us pagans, and for those of you that prefer neither, Happy Zombie Jesus Day. We’ll be having an Easter lunch on Sunday, complete with a honey baked ham, and afterward, we’ll wish we had children to hide eggs for. My father-in-law offered to hide eggs for me to find, but I’m twenty-two years old. I’m too old to hunt for Easter eggs (Not really. I would so hunt for eggs).

What are your plans for the weekend?

5 comments:

  1. As a non-believer and lover of zombie movies, I'd be happy to settle for Happy Zombie Day.

    Plans? Write while I can before I have to go back to school and teach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry your contest didn't go the way you wanted! But at least now you have more time for everything else you have to do...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy weekend, everyone! And, Brooke, go for the eggs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's Resurrection Day for me, but we all just call it Easter anyway.

    I put up a pic of my grandson hunting eggs with his dad on my blog, if you want to live vicariously through the World's Cutest Grandkid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bummer about your contest, no lightening bolt of inspiration hit when I tried to come up with an entry.

    All my beliefs aside, I kinda dig the sound of Happy Zombie Jesus Day. Makes as much sense as large egg hiding bunnies.

    ReplyDelete