August 10, 2011

brb... writing

No seriously. I wrote like a fiend yesterday, not only meeting my word count goal, but exceeding it by nearly double. That's right. I wrote 3800 words yesterday. And you know what that means?

Only 10,000 words to go.

I am so close to finishing, it's unreal. I mean, I've finished a novel before, but not like this, not in all this steampunk glory of awesome. Can you feel it? Can you feel the pure awesome flowing from my fingers right now? I can. I'm giving this keyboard life, man. Up next is the climax. The finale. The ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny. The end.

Until further notice, the blog is closed. If I haven't finished my novel by Friday, I'll update you on how far I have to go. Be warned, however. I may emerge covered in grease, sweat, tears, and a little bit of blood--just a flesh wound--nothing to worry about.

See you when my novel's finished.

Peace out.

3 comments:

  1. The best of luck! Work those gears until the steam plumes forth from your ears.

    May the steampunk magister be with you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BICHOK! Which means Butt In Chair, Hands On Keyboard - write, Brooke, write!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I need you to do something that is incredibly inconvenient, that requires that you stop writing for a long period of time, and that will probably annoy you to no end.

    Wait...is this a bad time? :P

    ReplyDelete